Student Program & Poster Presentation Competition
Recognizing Future Environmental Science and Engineering Leaders
Are you studying environmental sciences or engineering and researching groundbreaking information and insights on remediation technologies? If you answered YES then you don't want to miss your chance to participate in the 2019 RemTEC student program. Showcase your knowledge and have a chance to win!
We are privileged to showcase the important role that partnership with the academic community and private sector organizations can play to promote thought leadership in our industry at the RemTEC Summit.
Submission Deadline is January 18, 2019
Your Student Program Includes:
- POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Each student will prepare and present a poster of their research. Students will have the opportunity to showcase their posters and network with attendees. Posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference.
- FLASH ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Each student participant will receive 60 seconds to promote their presentation to the general session. This is a once in a lifetime chance to get in front of a room full of your potential future employers, colleagues and peers. Addressing all conference participants with a short summary of your poster presentation is just one way you’ll be able to get everyone excited about your research and findings.
- 1-ON-1 CAREER PLANNING
Each student will have the opportunity to participate in a one-on-one meeting with a student mentor. Student mentors will range from academic leaders to high level environmental professionals and engineers to government officials and regulatory community leaders. This unique opportunity gives each student the chance to speak face-to-face with someone that is putting their education and experience to work in the environmental science and remediation field.
Student Presentation Competition
$500 Cash Prizes!
Thanks to our generous sponsors, three cash prizes of $500 will be awarded to the top three best student presentations! Winners will also be recognized on the RemTEC Summit website, www.RemTECSummit.com, and certificates will be provided to both students for their achievement.
Awards will be given to students who present the best poster and flash presentations at the 2019 RemTEC Summit. Winners will be announced on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- Abstract submission deadline: 1/18/19
- Notification of acceptance: 1/23/19
- Early bird registration deadline: 1/31/19
- Submission of presentation: 2/4/19
- In-person presentation: 2/26/19 - 2/28/19
- Student winner announcement: 2/28/19
Student presentations will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and innovation of theme and topic
- Organization and structure of presentation
- Significance of work and quality of data and materials (clarity, use of graphics, etc.)
- Originality of work, including new concepts and innovations
- Communication of content by presenter
- Research analysis techniques
- Completeness of work or project
- Delivery of flash presentation
2017 Student Competition Judges:
- Adrian Fure, Senior Remediation Engineer, Haley & Aldrich
- Chase Holton, Environmental Engineer, CH2M
- Poonam Kulkarni, Environmental Engineer, GSI Environmental Inc.
- Raymond Lees, Engineer, Langan Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc.
- Robert Legrand, Senior Engineer, AECOM
- Ryan Wymore, Technical Strategy Leader, CDM Smith
Student Competition Guidelines:
- During the summit, a judging committee will select the three best student presentations.
- Both poster and platform presenters are eligible.
- Contestants must be entered in the competition prior to the conference.
- Student must be both the primary author and the presenting author.
- Student must present own work.
- To enter submit your abstract directly online (entries accepted any time prior to January 18, 2019)
- You will receive an email reply, confirming that you are entered in the competition, within 3 business days.
- Contestants must register for the RemTEC Summit at the student rate and will have access to all areas of the event.
- Winners will be announced on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- Three winners will receive an award of $500 each.
- Proof of student status in an undergraduate or graduate degree program is required.